If you have been reading my previous posts, you already know that I have been spending a great deal of time in and out of the kitchen honing my skills. I also started the efforts of eating healthy. Still, there are times that I feel like I need to cheat on my diet and eat what I crave for.
My cravings lately have been anything that has chicken in it. So in this post, I will share with you a quick and easy recipe using chicken wings.
Total prep & cook time: 30 minutes
8 chicken wings
3 big potatoes
2 tsp salt (1 tsp salt for chicken & 1 tsp salt for fries)
1 tsp pepper
5 tbsp flour
2 tsp paprika
2-3 tbsp of of ready made BBQ Sauce
Olive Oil to fry chicken wings and fries
How to cook:
BBQ Chicken Wings
- Marinate the chicken wings with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper then sprinkle the 5 tbsp flour to coat each one.
- Deep fry in olive oil until golden brown. Make sure the oil is hot enough to get that crispy texture. (I used olive oil in this recipe because I still want it to be a little bit healthy but you can opt to use any other oil to fry the chicken wings.)
- Remove the chicken from the pan then drain on paper towel.
- Remove the used oil from the pan then put again the cooked chicken wings.
- Put 2-3 tbsp of ready made BBQ sauce then cook for at least 2-3 minutes more until the sauce is evenly mixed with the chicken wings. (Feel free to add more sauce if 2-3 tbsp is not enough. In my case, I only want a slight flavor as BBQ sauce tends to be too salty.)
- Serve with Homemade Paprika Fries.
Homemade Paprika Fries
- Peel the potatoes then chop into french fries.
- Deep fry in olive oil (or any other oil that is available).
- Once cooked, remove from the pan then drain on paper towel.
- Lastly, put cooked fries in a bowl then season with 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp paprika. Cover then shake until salt & paprika are mixed.
- Serve with BBQ Chicken Wings.
This recipe is perfect for laid back weekends while watching Netflix or hangout with friends. It’s delicious, quick to make and cost efficient.
Let me know what you think once you made this recipe. Again, I encourage everyone to be creative and make their own versions and share with me. I would love to hear it!